Monday, February 02, 2009

Shawarmer!!!

Shawarmas are a Henderson family favorite. Easy on the wallet, readily available, but full of fat. Yummy!

One large plate can be bought for about 15 sar ($4) with it you can make about 4 or 5 sandwiches.

Here in Riyadh they are normally made with chicken (meat and fat), Arabic bread, pickle slices mayo and greasy french fries. Good on the tongue but horrible on the waist line and the heart.
Want to make a "fancy" shawarma at home? Check out this how-to video:

This link has some interesting info on the shawarma:
Best shawarmas in the world?
Warning: You must be careful where you purchase these from. I once was food poisoned by one while living in Ajman, UAE. Not fun nor pretty!



1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

I am not going to worry about the food poisioning, being stateside, I think I can take that risk!

You know, Metro Detroit has the largest concentration of ethnic Arabs in the US, so I figure I would be able to get someone to tell me how to get this right!

I am happy for you, and proud that I got the chance to be a part of your life!!